Canada Zinc Metals to Present at PDAC 2016 Conference

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada – Monday, February 29, 2016 – Canada Zinc Metals Corp. (“Canada Zinc Metals” or “the Company”, TSX Venture Exchange: CZX) is pleased to announce that the Company has been selected to provide a Corporate Presentation at the Forum for Investors at the upcoming PDAC 2016 Mining and Investment Conference, to be held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC), from March 6-9, 2016.

The Company is also pleased to advise it has been selected to display drill core and other technical information from the 2015 drill program on the Cardiac Creek deposit at the Core Shack, PDAC 2016.

PDAC 2016

The four-day convention is held annually in Toronto, Canada and it is anticipated that this year’s event will host over 1,000 exhibitors and over 23,000 attendees from more than 100 countries. Since inception in 1932, the PDAC has grown to become one of the world’s leading mineral and mining investment conventions.

Corporate Booth

The Company will be exhibiting at Booth #2833 on the Investors Exchange floor at the MTCC from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day. There is an open invitation to all shareholders and investors to visit with management and staff over the 4-day period and review drill core, data from recent drilling and learn of upcoming exploration plans.

Core Shack

The Company will also present at the PDAC Core Shack from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Sunday March 6 and Monday March 7 in Booth #3115A on the Investors Exchange floor at the MTCC.

The Core Shack will allow the Company to showcase new cut and polished intervals of mineralized high-grade drill core from the 2015 Akie drill program, including core from A-15-121. Drill hole A-15-121 illustrates the high grade nature within the core of the deposit with 28.51 metres (true width) of 10.22% Zn, 2.34% Pb and 20.45 g/t Ag for a total of 12.56% combined Zn+Pb from a downhole depth of 433.80 metres in the Cardiac Creek Zone. Also included within this mineralized interval was 12.98 metres (true width) of 13.83% Zn , 3.23% Pb and 28.98 g/t Ag for a total of 17.06% combined Zn+Pb from a downhole depth of 459.55 metres. Additional technical information such as map and cross sections will also be on display.

The Core Shack represents another important networking opportunity to showcase progress on the Akie property and introduce exciting new core specimens from the 2015 drilling on Cardiac Creek.

Corporation Presentation

Mr. Peeyush Varshney, CEO, will provide a Corporate Presentation on Tuesday, March 8th at 3:20 pm in Room 803 in the South Building of the MTCC.

The talk will highlight the corporate developments over the past 12 months, focusing on the flagship Akie project. Shareholders and investors are encouraged to take in the Corporate Presentation and then visit with management at the Corporate Booth to review the latest exploration data, including results of the 2015 drilling.

Peeyush Varshney, CEO, commented, "We are very pleased to have been selected to do a Corporate Presentation at the Investors Exchange and look forward to close interaction with our shareholders, key stakeholders and interested investors at both the Corporate Booth and the Core Shack Booth. PDAC 2016 is an important venue to attract new potential investors and corporate partners.”  

The Akie Zn-Pb-Ag Project

The Akie property is situated within the Kechika Trough, the southernmost area of the regionally extensive Paleozoic Selwyn Basin, one of the most prolific sedimentary basins in the world for the occurrence of SEDEX zinc-lead-silver and stratiform barite deposits.

Drilling on the Akie property by Canada Zinc Metals since 2005 has identified a significant body of baritic-zinc-lead-silver SEDEX mineralisation known as the Cardiac Creek deposit. The deposit is hosted by siliceous, carbonaceous, fine grained clastic rocks of the Middle to Late Devonian Gunsteel Formation.

The Company has outlined a NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource at Cardiac Creek, including an indicated resource of 12.7 million tonnes grading 8.4% zinc, 1.7% lead and 13.7 g/t silver (at a 5% zinc cut-off grade) and an inferred resource of 16.3 million tonnes grading 7.4% zinc, 1.3% lead and 11.6 g/t silver (at a 5% zinc cut-off grade). 

Ken MacDonald P.Geo., Vice President of Exploration, is the designated Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and is responsible for the technical information contained in this release.

The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the contents of this press release.



*Previously reported September 2, 2015.


ZincX Resources announces completion of the Airborne LiDAR Survey over the Akie and Mt. Alcock [...]

arrowRead More

ZincX Resources initiates Airborne LiDAR survey of the Akie and Mt. Alcock Properties

arrowRead More

ZincX Resources Initiates Shipment of Metallurgical Samples to China

arrowRead More

arrowView All News

Stay up to date with our latest news:

What are you searching for?